Royal College of Nursing
Nasstar delivers an upgraded WAN solution to improve connectivity
The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) is the world’s largest nursing union and professional body, representing more than 435,000 members. RCN work collaboratively with its members to influence governments and other bodies, improve working conditions and campaign on issues to raise the profile of the nursing community.
With their voice services experiencing bandwidth challenges, RCN needed to upgrade their legacy Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructure to a scalable, resilient network that would deliver both a faster performance today and underpin their future growth.
- Significantly reduced network congestion with 100Mb/1Gb circuits into all sites
- Cost savings of around £200k per annum in circuit rental, internet circuits and firewall licencing/support
- Ability to move servers to a new cloud environment
- Centralised firewall service and internet breakout
- Faster, more reliable network to support voice services
RCN hosts all key services within a shared data centre. They selected Nasstar as their technology partner to work collaboratively with their internal IT teams in delivering their new managed wide area network.
RCN new network model allows it to progress colocation and cloud models as appropriate and invest in its own shared data centre expansion.
Nasstar conceived a solution that would address day-to-day challenges as well as our future needs. We can rely on Nasstar to make recommendations that are right for our business because they’ve taken the time to understand it.