Microsoft FastTrack: A Guide For Every IT Admin
If you are thinking about moving your on-premises solutions to a Microsoft 365 cloud solution, this blog walks through how Microsoft FastTrack partners assist by providing free remote support and guidance.
The largest benefit? In most cases, your migration project can be cut down from months to a matter of weeks.
What is Microsoft FastTrack?
Microsoft Fastrack is a service designed by Microsoft, and delivered by selected partners, to assist eligible customers to onboard Microsoft Cloud Solutions and help drive user adoption.
FastTrack is a service that is provided at no additional charge and can be utilised for the lifetime of your subscription.
Using the FastTrack service will provide you with access to a range of technical resources that will work alongside your own team to provide remote advice and guidance in line with Microsoft best practices.
It will also give you access to a wealth of tools, documentation, and experience to help make your move to the cloud a successful and straightforward journey.
Microsoft FastTrack is available with the following services:
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) Premium
- Azure Information Protection
- Exchange Online
- Microsoft 365 Apps
- Microsoft 365 Defender
- Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Microsoft Defender for Identity
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Information Governance
- Microsoft Information Protection
- Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft Teams
- OneDrive for Business
- Power BI
- Project Online
- SharePoint Online
- Windows 10
- Windows Virtual Desktop
- Yammer Enterprise
In fact, the only services not supported by Microsoft FastTrack are Exchange Online Archiving, Office 365 operated by 21Vianet, Microsoft Office 365 Dedicated and ITAR/Federal Plans, and any free of charge service.
What is a Microsoft FastTrack partner?
To support the FastTrack programme, Microsoft have turned to their network of most trusted partners for assistance in delivering the service.
Nasstar was recognised by Microsoft as a partner capable of delivering the FastTrack benefit, an honour that is bestowed on a limited number of partners worldwide.
What are the three phases of Microsoft FastTrack?
FastTrack follows a proven methodology splitting the process into three distinct phases:
- Envision: Envisioning is the basis of the engagement and working alongside the FastTrack team, Partners will help you plan for a successful deployment. They start by creating a success plan tailored to your business and include both technical and user adoption strategies.
- Onboard: Partners assess your technical environment and confirm any remediation activities that may need to be completed in preparation for the move. Once all remediation activities have been completed, they will ensure a smooth onboarding and migration experience occurs.
- Drive Value: The end goal of FastTrack is to help businesses get the most value out of their IT investments. Partners provide guidance and resources to help drive user adoption. The process will also provide access to information around transformation of existing IT practices and how to effectively manage the change.
Microsoft FastTrack pricing
Now for the best bit!
FastTrack support can be provided absolutely free of charge to those customers who are eligible for the service.
This means if you have more than 150 Microsoft 365 seats, your request for assistance can be registered and delivered via the FastTrack service for you.
*As of 2024, Nasstar is no longer a FastTrack Partner.